Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Developing Story Ideas - Michael Rabiger

Making a Working Hypothesis

"A Working Hypothesis is a planning statement for a narrative - Fictional or Factual. Starting from particular conviction you hold, it describes particular events befalling particular characters in a particular world, and defines the feelings and realisations you mean to awaken in your audience. Making one for an intended work forces you to be clear with your intentions. Remaking it after any big round of changes during the project is an excellent reality check."

A working hypothesis has helped me while I have been re-writing my scripts. It outlines the main ideas and concepts that I want to share with the audience whether it is factual or fictional and I think that it will help me clearly express the intentions for my final year project.

By completing the following sentences, it helps me focus on the main points of storytelling.
-In life i believe that....(your belief in relation to this topic)
-I will show this in action through....(topic)
-The main conflict is between...and...(main opposing forces)
-The point of view characters will be....
-I want my audience to realise that....
-And to feel that....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home