Thursday, October 23, 2008

Editing

I had too much footage for the final piece and had to think about parts that I had to cut out. This problem was mainly due to the design process and not thinking of duration of shots therefore I had to re-think the narrative and what bit to keep in so the narrative would flow. I think that there are different levels of making a film. In one hand I could structure and maintain a shot list or I could try and get the best possible shots without the worry of time. I think that the best way is a mixture of preproduction time scaling and creative freedom.
While editing the final piece I started re-edit my trailers for the film. The trailers were easier to edit together after the film was finalised because I know which shots to used and I could incorporate the tempo and pace and the stylisation of the film into the trailers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home